Twelve steps of how to behave as a responsible traveler:
- Be informed about your destiny before you leave; about the caracteristics of the country, geography, culture and values to arrive open minded, tolerant, respectful and ready to learn to be able to enrich your own culture.
- Appraise the authentic experiences and avoid to try to change the other people, only for your own satisfaction.
- Respect the privacy and dignity of other people.F.I ask permission before you take a picture or enter to their private property.
- Cooperate with the protection and conservation of the enviroment, dispose in the right way and try to save the natural resources.
- Pay attention to the teachings and recommendations of your local guide and host.
- Avoid to disturb, abuse and extract the wild life. This also means not to feed the animals or take pictures with flash.
- Make sure you buy products knowing the source of the raw materials and that the production is enviroment friendly and follows the principles of fair trade.
- Hire services or buy products with ecological and social responsability or just go directly to local stores and make sure communities and local people gets the profits of your visit.
- Do not promote the sale or buy of lands of the community you visit.
- Refuse and dennounce child prostitution and vices related to this issue.
- Try to relate your trip with the efforts of nature conservation, cultural protection and rescue efforts make by local people and organizations.
- As form of solidarity with the country you visit, transmit all your experiences and learnings from your interaction with local people.