In general , we hope you are taking a critical attitude towards the enviromental practices you encounter and also that you make use of all available channels to ventilate your observations. This provision of the right information is an important tool and with this leaftlet we hope it has helped you towards a better understanding of sustainable development.
In the past many woods were sacrified for cattle the subsequent hamburger industry. Nowadays most locals understand that by conservation nature areas they can earn more with tourism that in any other way; moreover, that by protecting nature chances to satisfy their needs - the type of conservation that serves not only their children, but yours, too!
OUR ROLE AS LEADERS AND OPERATORS IN TOURISM UNDER SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES IS TO FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING PRINCIPLES:
The compliance of responsibility for our work, regardless of what kind, will be ruled by principles such as:
1. Contributing tourism of mutual understanding and respect between people and societies, recognizing and responding to their concerns and to those of others.
2. Developing and implementing tools and measures to reduce the use of energy and water, promoting recycling and encourage waste minimization, ensuring environmental protection and national heritage, fostering an inclusive form of labor in which staff, guides, communities and customers have the information, commitment and conscience in order to be able to put into practice the values under which Ecole Travel is operating.
3. Developing a unique and innovative product where communities, the environment, Costa Rican culture, the rescue of traditions and the low impact on nature are of top priority in the operations and activities of Ecole Travel, promoting rural community tourism and ensuring that this evokes a high degree of satisfaction among tourists and that this represents for them a meaningful experience.
4. Valuing the dignity and value of every human being, the equal rights of men and women and being determined to promote social progress and raising the standards of living within a broader concept of freedom, being respectful of our culture, restoring and strengthening authentic features and components of our culture.
5. Being responsible with the representation that we have as promoters and leaders of Sustainable Tourism on a national and international level.