Areas Of Interest
Costa Rica has areas of interest for every taste. With bothPacific and Caribbean coasts, there are plenty of beaches which are great for surfing, relaxing; snorkeling… worldwide famous for its marine life and coral reefs.
Rainforests and mountains are rich in biodiversity, great forbird watching, hiking and mountain biking, canopy among others. Big beautiful rivers, which are great for whitewater rafting, canyoning and all sorts ofadventure tourism.
Some of Costa Rica’s most famous attractions are:
- Corcovado National Park: beach and rainforest.
- Palo Verde National Park: spectacular for bird watching and crocodile watching.
- La Fortuna and Arenal Volcano: Active Volcano and abundant natural hot springs.
- Guanacaste and the North Pacific Coast: tropical dry forest, beautiful beaches and national parks full of bio diversity.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca and the Atlantic coast: Magnificent National Wildlife Refuges and beautiful beaches.
- Caño Negro wildlife refuge: rich in wildlife and natural beauty
- Tortuguero: A small scale “amazons” famous for its canals through the national park and for being the green and leatherback turtles nesting main spot.
- Monteverde: Cloud forests reserves with rich bio diversity and endemic species.
- Central Valley: One day tours such as Poás Volcano, Irazú Volcano, La Paz Waterfall, Sarapiquí river among other very interesting places.
Nevertheless, Costa Rica has much more to offer. Rural community tourism is developing and growing all around the country. Tourist can now experiment life in rural communities, their culture, and main economic activities. So you can also learn about agriculture (pineapple, banana, coffee, and a lot more). This way you can enjoy the real tico life.